Country Blues Guitar...It is our roots. (L of C...West Virginia 1935)

Everyone Can Learn Guitar!

I want everyone to have success with the guitar. This blog is dedicated to that desire. If you have been stumbling, then I know you will find help and encouragement here. I know that everyone who truly desires it can make music on the guitar.

Now, on with the Blog.

Monday, September 1, 2008

Maintaining My Classical Roots

When I began playing, many years ago, I started by studying classical guitar. I was not especially interested in classical at the time. I was, however, interested in Latin American music, but I went to the local music store for lessons and I pointed to a classical as being what the guitarist I liked played and the rest, as they say, is history.

It didn’t turn out too bad; I do like classical music in general and classical guitar in particular. I stayed with it for a few years, and then branched out on my own toward styles.
I still maintain my classical technique. I find the Julio Sagreras Guitar Lessons (both vol. 1-3 and 4-6) to be quite nice. They have the flavor I enjoy while still requiring solid classical technique that keeps my chops up. I highly recommend them.

No comments: