Country Blues Guitar...It is our roots. (L of C...West Virginia 1935)

Everyone Can Learn Guitar!

I want everyone to have success with the guitar. This blog is dedicated to that desire. If you have been stumbling, then I know you will find help and encouragement here. I know that everyone who truly desires it can make music on the guitar.

Now, on with the Blog.

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Music Appreciation...The Guitar Way

Sunday afternoons in September are made just that much more special when music is added. Take today for example:

There was a slight breeze, the lingering effects of a far off hurricane, and the late summer humidity didn't seem too awful.

We were sitting on the back patio. My wife sat to my left. The hound was at my feet. A guitar was nestled in my hands. All together this created an image of peaceful living that is just dang hard to beat.

I wasn't really playing anything especially challenging (my thumb is still a little tender) just noodling over a simple chord progression. [Later I did work (if you can call it that) on some of the Fuller stuff.]

It would be impossible for me to describe how enriching it is having music in my household. I want everyone who aspires to guitar to know this aspect of making music. I believe, with all my being, that the path of the musician changes your life. Changes you!

No comments: